Erectile dysfunction has become increasingly prevalent in the American population, and the reasons for it vary from underlying chronic disease to emotional stress to structural defects and more. Let’s talk about the reasons to see an erectile dysfunction specialist and where you can go in Jacksonville, for accurate diagnosis and treatment of this critical health issue.
What Is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction, or ED, is characterized by difficulty getting and keeping an erection firm and long-lasting enough for penetration and completion of sexual intercourse. While increasing age plays a role in its development, ED also happens due to physical and emotional stress. Sadly, millions of American men struggle with ED, but many do not seek medical help for this treatable health problem.
Why Do I Have ED?
ED differs from one man to another. However, they basically fall into these categories:
- Relationship problems and life stress
- Physiologic diseases, such as diabetes, vascular disease, medications, and obesity
- Lifestyle choices, such as substance abuse, excessive alcohol use, and smoking
- A physical defect, such as penile curvature (Peyronie’s Disease)
- Trauma to the groin
- Low testosterone, the primary male sex hormone
You may have one or a combination of these predisposing factors. So, before you consult with a men’s health specialist, think about the circumstances surrounding your ED. Does it happen only occasionally? How hard are your erections? Do you get erections spontaneously, especially at night? This information will help the doctor assess and diagnose your particular issue.
Why Should I See an ED Specialist Near Me?
Here are compelling reasons to trust your sexual health needs to an ED specialist.
An ED Specialist Has Expertise in Accurate Diagnose Your Sexual Health Issue.
Unlike a urologist who treats both the urinary tract and male sexual anatomy, a men’s health specialist has specific training and experience in male sexual function. He knows the questions to ask his patients, how the male sexual anatomy should look and function and what underlying physical and emotional defects precipitate ED and other men’s health problems.
Also, an erectile dysfunction specialist has the diagnostic tools, such as ultrasonography, to evaluate the structure and blood flow in the penis.
An ED Specialist Offers Treatments Which Are More Natural, Permanent, and Effective.
Your erectile dysfunction doctor offers many innovative solutions to ED. Different from invasive surgeries or popping a quick-fix medication prior to sexual activity, the treatments offered at the men’s clinic near you are long-lasting–even permanent. They get to the root of your sexual dysfunction and uncover a more natural path to performance and satisfaction.
Examples of state-of-the-art ED treatments are:
- GAINSWave acoustic therapy applies sound waves to the penis to eliminate harmful plaques and scar tissue interfering with blood circulation
- The penis vacuum pump, an external device inflates the penis, creating an erection sufficient for satisfying sex
- Testosterone replacement therapy increases androgen blood levels, managing symptoms of fatigue, low libido, irritability, and ED
- PRP, or platelet-rich plasma, injections derived from the patient’s own blood supply (also called the Man Shot)
- Management of metabolic disorders, such as diabetes and obesity
- Proper nutrition, weight loss, and exercise
- Counseling and behavior therapy for emotional and mental health and relationship issues
You’re Not Alone in Erectile Dysfunction
At NIVA Men’s Health, our professional team understands how important ED is. It harms fertility, self-esteem, and intimate relationships. So, we’re dedicated to getting you back to your best sexual performance and satisfaction.
Come see us for a complimentary consultation We understand, and we can help. NIVA Men’s Health has locations in Jacksonville, Melbourne, and St. Augustine, FL, we have additional facilities in Naperville, IL, Novi, MI, and Manalapan, NJ.