While erectile dysfunction is common among older men, it is not limited to the aging population. In fact, studies show an increased incidence of ED among men 40 years of age and younger.
If you have more than occasional difficulty getting or maintaining a good erection even when you’re nowhere near middle age, here’s some information to help you understand its potential causes and the available treatment options for your condition.
Possible Causes of Erectile Dysfunction in Younger Men
The following are the most common physical and psychological causes of ED in younger men:
- Cardiovascular disease – Research suggests that erectile dysfunction might be the first indication of heart disease in younger men.
- Depression – While ED is mostly known for causing depression, it can also be the other way around. Depression can result in impotence even when a man is comfortable with or satisfied in his sexual situation.
- Diabetes – High glucose levels can damage the penile artery as well as the nerves that control erection.
- Hormonal problems – Testosterone fuels erections and regulates every part of a man’s sexual experience, including the duration of the erection and ejaculation. Low testosterone can greatly affect a man’s ability to have satisfying sex.
- Hypertension – Men living with hypertension are twice as likely to experience reduced penile blood flow compared to those with normal blood pressure. This is because the condition damages the lining of the blood vessels, rendering them unable to dilate the way they’re supposed to.
- Obesity – Excess weight can set off a cascade of medical problems that cause erectile dysfunction. These include diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease.
Erectile Dysfunction Treatment in Melbourne, FL
At Niva Men’s Health, our men’s health experts offer unique, nonsurgical solutions for erectile dysfunction, Peyronie’s disease, Low-testosterone, and premature ejaculation. Through the following treatment options, we help our patients successfully reinvigorate their sex lives when all other conservative options have failed:
- GAINSwave sound therapy (extracorporeal shockwave therapy)
- Testosterone replacement therapy
- P-shot treatments- composed of natural components found in the patient’s own blood
- Penis pump
If you are dealing with erectile dysfunction, know that no matter your age, we can help you. During your complimentary consultation with one of our providers, we will discuss your symptoms and the tests and treatments we have available.
To arrange a consultation, call our location near you, or simply fill out our appointment request form. We have locations in Jacksonville, Manalapan and Melbourne, FL, Naperville, IL, Wixom, MI, and Woodstock, GA.